Relation to the Previous Episode
The Wonders of Ryoga
The Abduction of Anna
The Oshamanbe Clan Fight
Ryoga's Painful Decision
Cast in Order of Appearance
|Character Name||Japanese Voice||English Voice|
|Ryoga Hibiki (human, piglet)||Kōichi Yamadera||Michael Donovan|
|Ranma Saotome (male)||Kappei Yamaguchi||Richard Cox|
|Akane Tendo||Noriko Nagai||Myriam Sirois|
|Genma Saotome (panda)||Kenichi Ogata||Robert O. Smith|
|Anna (debut)||Yuko Kobayashi||Maggie Blue O'Hara|
|Farmer Brown (debut)||Toshihiko Nakajima||Don Brown|
- Anna debuted three years before Akari Unryu, who acts as Ryoga's love interest in the manga, and the episode has similarities with Spring Comes to Ryoga chapter. For this reason, she is sometimes seen as the inspiration behind Akari.
- The steers of Anna and Uchanosuke are named differently between languages. In the sub they are named Charlie and Kotaro but the dub changed it to Gertie and Botsie respectively.
- In the sub, the villain's name is Ushinosuke Oshamanbe. The dub alters it to Uchanosuke Chumanbe.
- Sakuranbo/Cherry from Urusei Yatsura makes a cameo appearance as a jizou statue.
- Whilst the precise part of Japan that this episode takes place in is never confirmed in the episode, the "Wild Western Japan" motif and the distinct "Western" accent used by the locals suggests that it might be in Hokkaido. The same accent was used for a cattle farmer that Ryoga met in Hokkaido in his introductory episode, and Hokkaido is also home to nearly 1/4th of Japan's arable land; agriculture, including the production of beef and dairy, is a major part of the economy, which would make it a logical setting for a "cowboy-themed" episode.